Thursday, June 29, 2006

Kickin' it in the Inferno

I'm on a brain-dead roll, so why stop now? Besides, this is the girl who designed the former template that we (and by we I mean the person we asked to tweak the template for us) couldn't seem to get to work on more than two people's computers correctly. Not her fault, it's ours. She's got some cool designs. Check 'em out!

Anyway, back to the blog at issue: The Girl Behind the Alias: Funky-Zyde. If you open the page you'll notice nowhere does it say that title. I swiped it off the name the page had in my toolbar when it was closed, so if it's wrong I'm sorry.

I'm not sure why she doesn't have a title, it could be a stlye thing so I'll leave it alone. Lucky me! More double sided sidebars! It's not horrible, and like I said in the review above I understand why people use them, it's just they make my OCD self go batty. This time around they're spaced out really well, so it's not squished appearing. On one side she has a self-description (which seems a bit long and could best be put into paragraph form, rather than list form, but that's her call), on the other side she's got recent posts, and blog links that aren't specific to an individual blogger. This kind of makes no sense to me seeing as on the top left side she has a navigation menu, which has the achrives. Just an idea, but maybe put the recent posts in a drop-down menu and put them with the archives in the navitation section, as well as the "Watchuthink Links."

The header is super cute, and I love what she writes about her blog in the "My blog" section

"This is my scratchboard of thoughts, crazy ideas & random whimsy [sic]. Respect is the only thing I ask from you, dear visitor. If you don't like it here, feel free to click the [x] located to the upper right corner of this screen. Thank you."

Well said, my dear. I will never understand what possesses people to comment endlessly on shit they don't like and/or care about, simply because it's there. It's there, but you don't have to be.

Anyway, the blog is diary-style-she writes about what's going on in her life. She's Filapina, but you'd wouldn't guess by reading the blog. Her english is really good, and she writes very well. And what do we have?! Oh yes! Another Meme! This one pertains to what level of hell you belong to (Dante's Inferno is one of my favorite books, I have to do this. Sorry!).

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Seventh Level of Hell!
Here is how I matched up against all the levels:
LevelScore
Purgatory (Repenting Believers)Low
Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)Low
Level 2 (Lustful)Moderate
Level 3 (Gluttonous)Moderate
Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)Very Low
Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)Moderate
Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)Very Low
Level 7 (Violent)Very High
Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)High
Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)Low

Take the Dante's Inferno Hell Test

Bomb! Ass!

But, back to the point. I like her blog. It's not something I would read on a daily basis, but I would probably check up on it every few weeks just to see what's going on.
I give it because she's so goddamn cute! Seriously! She's adorable!

1 comment:

  1. lol. yeah, before i have the title in my blog but it doesn't appear good like what i wanted it to appear.

    lol again.. about the self-description, i make it appear in a list form so to maximize (?) the left sidebar.. ;p

    This kind of makes no sense to me seeing as on the top left side she has a navigation menu, which has the achrives.

    Oh.My.Goodiiiiinessss..

    I am an IDIOT. I know. lol, i'll still stay the same. And the rest of the template will stay the same. :-)

    I love what she writes about her blog in the "My blog" section.

    It's nice to know you liked it, the last time I had my blog reviewed, they didn't like it. It was the only thing they wrote about in that review. ;p

    Her english is really good.

    Lol, not really. Thank God for English classes since kindergarten. *winks again*

    Geez.. btw, you're level 7 is too high, you're THAT violent? Yiiiiiiiiiiiiih... :-)

    awww...thanks for the 2 stars! love it. *hugs*

    cheers,
    aiRah

    ReplyDelete

Grow a pair.