Sunday, July 09, 2006

Yo, ho! and a bottle of rum.

I know we've been slacking on the review thing. Promise we'll get more up to speed with things. PROMISE!

On today's menu we have Memoirs of A Gin Harpy Alright, who doesn't love a predatory women and gin? Who doesn't love gin? How bad am I showing my party girl ways by being more than excited to see the word "gin" in the blog title?

*clears throat*

Alright, I love the header. It's simple, it's clean, it's to the point. Voracious woman-Check! And she really looks like she will fucking tear you apart if provoked. The sidebar is fantastic too. It's well organized, and she even explains what a Gin Harpy is:

"My interpretation of a Gin Harpy is a fine sophisticated woman that has been prehaps dealt an unfair hand in life. As a result they are wickedly bitter whilst still retaining an air of dignity becoming of European royalty. Gin Harpy's like to drink gin, obviously, and they also like to crush men between their perfectly manicured fingernails. They are to be feared and greatly admired in equal quanities. Not to be confused with 'bitch', Harpies have more class."

Preach on my sister. By that definition, I'm in the ranks of Gin Harpy; it's good to be part of a club! And I was right about the gin. YES!

But the awesomeness doesn't stop there! Her writing is fantastic. She's got a fantastic voice, and a good mix of "fuck off" and "really, I'm sweet" running through there, and I love it! She's personal, she's vague, she's mysterious, and she paints herself to be the perfect mixture of mischevious and sweetie-pie.

I'm not going to say too much more, because I want to start archive diving!

I give it for mentioning gin, and for giving me a new club to belong to, seeing as the bitch club is getting a bit overcrowded.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I'm glad you 'get' me. I'd like to send you free gin.

    ReplyDelete

Grow a pair.