Monday, April 30, 2007

Get Thee To My Toilet!

Sometimes, there are blogs that I feel shitty about just not liking at all. I know you find this hard to believe, but it's synonymous with that individual that everyone loves and you would much rather shove their head in a toilet and flush repeatedly than actually exchange in conversation with them.

It's not hard to believe that I have tons of people who are toilet flush worthy.

And, that brings met to Bonnie Writes. There's just something about this blog that irks the fucking shit out of me. It might be the Google ads, it might be the money making content button, it may be the second, third, and fourth round of Google ads in the left column, it very well may be the fact that there is so much fucking shit in her left and right sidebars that I have to resist the urge to swear uncontrollably and push the cute red "x" button. I'm thinking it's a combination of all this.

I've said it before and I will say it again: BLOGGING FOR PROFIT IS ABSO-FUCKIN-LUTELY STUPID. It defeats the purpose of blogging, it's completely tacky, and did I mention it makes the blogger look like a money grubbing whore? It's one thing to have Google ads, but this woman takes the profit seeking to a whole new level. The woman has sponsors, for Christ's sake! She's like the Yankees of the blog world-those that love her love her, those that hate her think the money involved is absolute bullshit.

Along with that, the template is horrific. I have nothing against purple, per se, but talk about fucking overkill! I also hate the fact the entire template is left justified. I tend to think things should be centered [via floating, should you really care] so as to maximize the space in the browser. I'm also not a fan of the three column blog. It can work, but when both columns go down almost as much as the content? Not possible.

The content is decent, at least.

I give it at for all the money making bullshit. I think she's outdone every blog we've seen to date in Google ads alone.

For the content, I give it a . I really wanted to like this blog, I did. I just can't. So, if she would kindly stick her head in my toilet, I'll get to the flushing.

3 comments:

  1. Holy crap, that's got to be, without a doubt, the most cluttered three-column blog/sidebar I've *EVER* seen. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that blog. The content is craptastic.

    Why did you want to like it again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try not to judge. I really do. But WOW that blog blows. As a Yankee fan, I'm offended.

    ReplyDelete

Grow a pair.