Thursday, May 31, 2007

This is your blog on acid

This is what your blog would be if Hunter S. Thompson wrote it.

I should say right here that I'm not a huge fan of Mr. Thompson. I get high on life (and an occasional infusion of ska or Jane's Addiction). Drug-addled pop culture observers don't do much for me.

And yet, after a steady diet of mommy bloggers and "dear diary, my dog failed her literacy classes today," Ry's blog was kind of like a breath of a gently pot-laced breeze wafting over my poor wretched nose, a nose that has been breathing too goddamn much sterile corporate air of late.

The template is aight. I can't find much to pick holes in, looks-wise, and I like the title. On the other hand, reading too much of his blog makes me feel like I've been smoking crack. Though, this isn't entirely a bad sensation, I suppose, since crackheads around the world seem to love it.

But he isn't boring. I think he may be nuts. And he really needs to put the thesaurus down and walk away from it. He verges over into "pretensious pseudo-intellectual I haven't been out of literature courses long enough" mode at times.

But he isn't boring.

I rate him:



However, I do think he occasionally believes in his own mythology a little too often, so to keep his ego in check, I'm also passing along this little reminder to keep him out of poseur-dom:

.

And I'd like to extend an invitation to move south and be my boy toy for a month or so. I don't know what he's like in bed (I suspect he has bad ADD), but I don't think he'd be boring.

5 comments:

  1. I like his blog too. I am glad you reviewed it because at one point Blogline's dog ate my links and I have had to rebuild my list and couldn't remember his blog title. It is very good, isn't it. And I am not being paid to say that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of things:

    1. Though the picture on my page looks as though I’m hitting a bong like it had just kicked me in the shins, I assure you that it’s nothing more than harmless cigarette smoke;

    2. Fucking is fun, but have you given any thought to the myriad delights that await us in the "getting-to-know-each-other" stage?

    No?

    Fair enough...I’ll be right over.

    Rowr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan, darlin, you have no idea what dirty things I'd be having you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ball gags are ugly. Just call me your own little Severin, darling. ;)

    Signed,

    the whiplash girl child

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I should interrupt the conversation above...so I won't.

    But I did like the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Grow a pair.