Tuesday, March 08, 2011

I'm Not Dead Yet

I haven't written anything on my personal blog since, oh . . .Christmas. I have nothing to say. Nothing even remotely interesting has happened to me. So, I just decided not to post until it's worthwhile.

I wish my reviewee would have done the same.

This is what's supposed to inspire me to write? A damn photo blog? The only writing is lame captions written in poor English. Aces. Ours is a blog that reviews WRITING. What in God's name am I supposed to do with this shit?

So yeah, Jidhu? Thanks for bothering to read the FAQ before submitting. Or any of the past reviews. Also, thanks for using us to get hits. You know what happens when asshats use us to get hits? I don't link anything other than the original link to the blog.

I don't know what to do right now. I'm here to review writing. I'm a "writer" (note the quotes), not a photographer. What the hell do I know about photography? I mean, I was the photographer for my junior high school newspaper 15 years ago. I got some awesome shots of the JV Boys Basketball game. I took a photography class in college and spent my time shooting gravestones at this old ass cemetery. Yeah, pre-emo, baby.

Where was I? Oh yeah, I'm not a photographer. So here's a layman's critique of your photography, Jidhu. It SUCKS.

Your minimal "About Me" says this blog is for you to express your feelings, ideas and interests. What feeling does this express? (Yeah, I linked. Sue me.) Your caption "Guys repairing pipes" is RIVETING. Does the photo mean something to you? Was your father a mechanic and you spent weekends working him, so there's some sentimental value to the picture? Does your "interest" in those guys bring up romantic "feelings"?

What the picture expresses to me is that you went out into the parking lot and took a picture of some shit, just to have something to post on your pretentious blog.

I'm done. I estimate there are more words written in this review than in the entire blog reviewed.

We have had one of these for awhile, so you get a . . .





5 comments:

  1. Jidhu's other blog was reviewed by Scorpio here. He craves validation from AAYSR :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the link... he's thinking about someone fixing his pipes/plumbing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!

    I gave you this one on purpose. Just because it's annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jesus Henry Christ on a pogo stick! I saw this guy's photo blog when I reviewed him way back when. All I can say is that I remember wishing I were reviewing his photo blog rather than his written blog, as the writing was so awful.

    But looks as though his ability to spot compelling stories competes admirably with his ability to spot compelling photo opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the review. Hate the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Grow a pair.