Sunday, October 15, 2006

My Lovely Lady Lumps

Did you ever go out, expecting to just have one or two drinks, have some dinner, and then call it an evening, but instead, it turns into shots, debauchery and some weirdness? Yeah, that's what happened to me last night. So forgive me if I'm not my normal verbose sonofabitch.

Today's blog is Grateful Dating. It's a standard blogger template, but it's one that I can definitely get behind in terms of the look. White background with a black typeface, so it's easy on the eyes. As I look over her "About Me" I discover that apparently she's a large white cat with a fondness for laptops. Okay, I get it, not everyone wants to have their picture online. The rest of the answers in her favorites and whatnot make me want to go buy her a ring right now. Elvis Costello and Ella Fitzgerald? Marry. Me. Now.

Okay, back to the main page. I'm gathering at one point she took reader questions about dating, but in searching over the entries on the first page, I don't see any Q-n-A sessions. However, the content...oh my. Sentence structure, and proper grammar, and no mis-spellings, and...I could go on and on, but I love this content.

Wow, that sidebar is monstrous. However, she knows how to roll up archives, so it's all gravy. She has a ton of links, but they are at least categorized. She only has a week's worth of posts on the front page, but they are long posts, so it makes it seem as if it needs to be trimmed, but honestly, it doesn't. In peeking through her categories of Archives, I see that she DOES do advice posts occasionally. I could get lost in all this, it's that good.

I'm trying to think of constructive criticism here, and really, all I have is that I might think about bumping up the font size on the posts. I'm viewing it in FF at 1024 x 768, and with my old eyes, that font is slightly small. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing. I don't hate that template, as I stated, and it seems to fit you. If you want to see about template work, make a comment in the below thread, and I'm sure Kitty Kat can put you on her list.

The marks?
for my all-encompassing love for your content and the fact that you've gone out of your way to organize your blog.

because I think I have a crush on you. Call me. K? K.

4 comments:

  1. Where's the mean part? Aren't you supposed to be mean?

    Thanks so much! You are my first official review ever. I had no idea it would go so well.

    Also, I'd do more advice stuff, but I don't get enough questions. I can't figure out how to get that part rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost want to kill you for even putting that BEP smut on this site! BLASPHEMOUS! But I heart you, so I shall let it slide.

    Sorry Jamy, we can't hate just for the sake of hating, which is what it would be if any of us said something negative about your blog. Try not to be so good next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitty you love the BEP. Why you gotta lie about that kind of shit? Huh? Why you frontin' girl?! You love ebonics type almost as much as the BEP, girrrrl.

    I like the blog. Template kind of blows, but Balls is right about the content making up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat, you and I feel the same way about that song. It really didn't have much to do with my post, I just heard that song like 3 times on Saturday night, and much like the "B-A-N-A-N-A-S" part of that Gwen Stefani song, I can't "my lovely lady lumps" out of my head. That song sucks balls.

    I heart you too.

    I wouldn't mind seeing her with a new template, but this one's one of the few standard blogger ones that doesn't make me want to punch the wall when I see it.

    ReplyDelete

Grow a pair.