Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I Have No Clever Title...

So, this is about 4 hours late (sorry Kitty), but last night I got caught up in some stupid TV movie, and before I knew it, it was 11:30. Then, no time at work to slack off, so, there ya go. I welcome the public flogging (you know I like the rough stuff).

Anyway, on deck is Steph's blog I Ended Up Here...How? A self-described Jew living in a WASP-y New England town (Massachusetts). Visions of painfully thin, tastefully dressed, sexually unfulfilled women with too much time and money are dancing through my head right now (I love generalizations, don't you?).

Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, the review...

First, the template. Well, I don't hate it, but I don't love it, either. It's a simple template with a picture of the beach in her town with a pretty lighthouse in the background. Growing up in the Midwest, you fall in one of two categories: A) Those who have seen the ocean and fall madly, deeply in love with it and spend the rest of your life figuring out how to live near one of them, or B) Those who have seen the ocean and spend the rest of your life saying, "Yeah, I saw the ocean, it was wet." I fall into category B. Hence my ambivalence. Aaannyway, the sidebars are nicely rolled up, there are no annoying ads, no autoplay (there is a music player, but thankfully she gives you the choices of whether or not you want to listen to the music). The font is a nice size for me, not too big, not too small.

Second, the content. Since I'm trying to get this review out before dinner, I didn't really have time to get past the first page, but it's your standard personal/this is what I did all day stuff. She's a mommy, but this isn't really a mommy blog (thank god). Yes, she talks about the kids (she calls them "the boysies," which I kind of chuckled at), but she talks about a lot of other things as well. The posts tend to get on the long side, but when you're talking about internet dating (something I've personally yacked about, and I feel ya girl), it's hard to keep it short and sweet.

In summation (how's that for a $10 word), I give it for the clean template and mildly interesting, yet sometimes too long posts.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read her in the past. I kind of lost her after awhile, but I always enjoyed her when I read her before.

    Plus, she's kinda cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie ROCKS!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review...I visit Stephanie's blog regularly. She's hilarious.
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got to the part about buying handbags and I immediately added her to my Bloglines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Stephanie:

    Seeing as you are a hot jewish girl with a rather enjoyable blog, I am now required to stalk you. Should you feel this isn't appropriate, please let me know. Otherwise, please tell me how tall you are, so that I may proceed to search the entire New England region for you.

    Thanks!
    -GNVP aka The Jolly Green Jew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys!! I really appreciate the kind words.

    And, GNVP... stalk away :)

    ReplyDelete

Grow a pair.